Thursday, February 3, 2011

OP Dorperklub Veiling 03-02-2011 - Burgersdorp


Today was a dark day for me regarding auctions. I attended the above auction and the auction was not well attended by buyers, hence the auction was not good for all our breeders.
I will post the results later on our website under the news link.

On my way back to the office I saw some dark clouds in the sky and the quote "every dark cloud has a silver lining" came to mind. Then I thought that dark clouds also brings the promise of rain and that there are positives to learn from all the negatives.

It's a pity that some of the breeders had to travel far and maybe financially it was not worth their while to bring their rams to the auction.

We all have the responsibility to advertise these auctions by word of mouth. Commercial Farmers should realise that the breeders go to a lot of trouble to bring animals to the auctions.

I received some good news when arriving at the office. Prieska Veldram Project auction did very well !
I will post that on the Dorper Web Page next week, and publish the results as soon as I receive it. Stay positive and enjoy the rest of the week. - Attie Westraad

No comments:

Post a Comment