Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Dorper SA!

Happy 61st Birthday Dorper Sheep Breeders Society of South Africa on 19 July 2011!

I had to spend my day in Pretoria while the Dorper Society celebrated its 61st Birthday. Luckily I was on the plane by 19:00 back to good old Middelburg where this wonderful breed started. So when I walked into my office this morning, I took some time to look at all the old photographs and other memorable items. The Founding people like RY Edmeades, DJ Engela SW Bosman, W Hugo, Dr. QP Campbell, H de Smidt, R de Smidt, E Whitehead, CPJ Lourens, Ron Stander, J Bosman and many more standing proudly next to their Dorpers. I wonder would they be proud of us today? Did we take the Dorper forward and made it better as they intended?
I surely hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment